Here are some first steps a school or district can take when building the infrastructure for effective family and community collaboration:
- Adopt a comprehensive vision for the collaborative.
- Write a “brief” to clarify the vision.
- Establish a steering committee to move the initiative forward and monitor process.
- Initiate a process for translating the vision into policy.
- Develop a five-year strategic plan.
- Move the strategic plan to implementation.
Thank you to Midwest PBIS and the National PBIS TA Center!