Still Connected: Relationships, Resilience, and Belonging
Northwest PBIS Network Conference 2022
April 12-14, 2022
Greater Tacoma Convention Center, Tacoma, WA
In person and virtual registration options.
Registration open NOW! Seats are limited to ensure we maintain a safe capacity for the convention center. Please don’t wait to register!Conference Registration
Questions related to registration? Please email [email protected]
Proposal acceptance emails have gone out. Agenda coming SOON!
April 2, 2022 – May 2, 2022 is Ramadan; How are we supporting our Muslim educators at the NWPBIS Conference?
The NWPBIS Team is consulting with Muslim scholars and educators to ensure that we can honor the observation of Ramadan by our Muslim community members. We will have halal foods, boxed food options to eat before and after sunset, and dedicated prayer rooms.
COVID Safety at the Greater Tacoma Convention Center
The Greater Tacoma Convention Center (GTCC) has achieved the Global Biorisk Advisory Council® (GBAC) Star™ Accreditation. GBAC STAR™ is the venue industry’s premier outbreak prevention, response and recovery accreditation for facilities.
What does that mean for conference attendees? The GTCC is set up for your safety and comfort! Their team is employing the most stringent protocols for cleaning, disinfection and infectious disease prevention, aligning with venues across North America and the world in commitment to the highest safety and cleaning standards. Learn more by clicking HERE.
Our 2022 NWPBIS Conference Keynote will be Dr. Erika McDowell!
Dr. McDowell is a passionate, insightful, researcher and implementer. She reminds us that belonging is the opposite of violence and from a platform of experience at each level of the public school systems, Dr. McDowell inspires, and challenges educational professionals to consider how we prioritize and elevate belonging.
Please join us in learning from Dr. Erika McDowell as one of our featured Northwest PBIS Conference keynote speakers!
Confirmed Workshop Topics for April 12
- MTSS for Administrators, Dr. Kurt Hatch, University of Washington, Tacoma
- Reducing Seclusion and Restraint, Lee Collyer, Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI)
- Restorative Practices for Administrators, International Institute of Restorative Practices (IIRP)
- Rural Implementation of PBIS, Dr. Katie Azevedo, Azevedo Consulting
- Connecting the Dots for School Mental Health, Dr. Katie Azevedo, Azevedo Consulting
- Correcting the Myths and Misunderstandings about MTSS and PBIS, with guests from Washington’s Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI)
- De-Escalation Strategies for the Classroom, Dr. Terry Scott
- Elevating Racial Equity to Improve Student Outcomes, Dr. Naomi Brahim&Dr. Vanessa McPhail from Jefferson County Public Schools, Louisville, KY
- Strengthening Relationships to Strengthen Outcomes, Ali Hearn, National Keynote, speaker and coach
- Restorative Practices: Data, Systems, and Practices Necessary for District-Wide Implementation, Ali Hearn, National Keynote, speaker and coach
- Advanced Tier 2 Interventions and Practices, Dr. Billie Jo Rodriguez, Northwest PBIS Network and University of Oregon
- Structuring a Resilient Reading Program: Embedding Reading Instructional Best Practices Within an MTSS for All, Stephanie Stollar&Brad Thorud, Oregon RTIi
Future Conference Dates
April 26-28, 2023 -Portland, OR, at the Hilton Portland Downtown
April 24-26, 2024 -Tacoma, WA, the Greater Tacoma Convention Center
April 23-25, 2025 -Portland, OR, at the Hilton Portland Downtown
April 28-May 2, 2026, Spokane, WA, at the Spokane Convention Center
The Annual NWPBIS Network Conference is the largest gathering of educators, researchers, thought leaders, community partners, and practitioners in the field of School-wide Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (SWPBIS) in the Pacific Northwest.
We are SO appreciative of the University of Washington, School Mental Health Assessment, Research, & Training (SMART) Center and the Northwest Mental Health Technology Transfer Center & SoundSupports for their ongoing support of our annual conferences!